003; CHOOSING THE RIGHT TAPE
If there’s one thing we can tell you for sure, it’s that investing in tape will drastically improve your training. But a quick Google search will leave you reeling; there are so many tapes, so many colours and fabrics and titles and trends. How can you know which will work best for you? Well, as always, we’re happy to help you out a bit; here are our top types and tips for choosing thumb tape.
- Simple, Standard Athletic Tape:
- What’s great about Athletic Tape is that it’s incredibly versatile; it’s good for more than just wrapping your thumbs to lift, in fact it works well in various sports as opposed to weightlifting alone. This also makes it, generally, cheaper and easier to get your hands on.
- That being said, its quality can be rather lacking, particularly in terms of durability and longevity. For instance, if you’re particularly wet with sweat during a WOD, you might find the tape falling apart far quicker than you do.
- So, what’s the verdict? Might be worth keeping a roll or two in your gym bag, particularly if you can find it at a bargain price, but ultimately if you’re serious about incorporating tape into your workout routine, it wouldn’t be our number one recommendation.
- Self-Adhesive Tape:
- The clue’s really in the name here; this is simply tape that sticks to itself with no additional adhesive at all. It’ll lift away easy as anything without leaving any sticky stuff behind. Pretty cool.
- Now whilst certain self-adhesive tapes have the criticism levelled at them that they don’t stick quite so firmly, we’re pretty sure you’ll find that, for instance, our Mammal Strength hook-grip tape will last through even the worst of WODs.
- Specialist Weightlifting Tape:
- Specialist Weightlifting Tape is just that bit more premium; in appearance and in quality. Yes, we know it can be pricier and not quite so readily available unless you’re shopping online, but it really is worth it, we promise!
- If you want to absolutely change your training game forever, we really recommend you invest in some Mammal Strength premium specialist weightlifting tape. What’s so great about it? Well, it’s perfect for hook grip protection, with guaranteed durability and sweat absorption – incomparable quality. Plus, it looks pretty cool too.
And here’s the thing you might have noticed from all of the above… if you buy Mammal Strength thumb tape, you’re pretty much getting the best of both worlds – our tape is both self-adhesive and specially designed for weightlifting excellence. No more cuts and calluses, no more peeling athletic tape that only lasts a few lifts; invest in Mammal Strength and you’ll have found the right thumb tape for you. That’s a promise.
But don’t just take our word for it…try it out for yourself.
It sticks. It stays. Trust in the tape & find it within.